Campus access switches for enterprise and Ethernet access
The Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch™ 6250 is a Fast Ethernet Stackable LAN family of switches for both the enterprise and Ethernet access segments. Enterprise models address the small and medium-sized enterprise edge and branch office environments, while the Metro models address residential and business Ethernet access supplied by service providers.
With an optimized design for flexibility and scalability as well as low power consumption, the OmniSwitch 6250 Stackable Fast Ethernet Switch runs the field-proven Alcatel-Lucent Operating Software (AOS), providing an outstanding edge solution for highly available, self-protective, easily managed, eco-friendly networks.
The “M” models (8 and 24) are specifically built as an advanced Fast Ethernet CPE/MTU device. Secure, guaranteed, triple-play level of service is delivered to service provider customers through additional uplinks and software features such as Ethernet Services (VLAN stacking), VLAN translation, Ethernet OAM, private VLANs, IPMC VLANs. Combined with the Alcatel-Lucent 5620 Service Aware Manager (SAM) management platform; you have a powerful, easy-to-manage, cost effective, metro access triple-play Fast Ethernet CPE device.
Solutions benefiting from the OmniSwitch 6250 family of switches are:
- Edge of small-to-mid-sized networks
- Branch office enterprise workgroups
- Residential/Metro Ethernet triple-play applications (M models)
- Flexible choice: the OmniSwitch 6250 Value Fast Ethernet Stackable offers innovative half-rack wide models for a large deployment of a variety of switch combinations
- Eco-friendly: the OmniSwitch 6250 family of products is highly optimized in their form factor, power consumption and acoustic output
- Best price/feature performance: the OmniSwitch 6250 leads the industry in price/feature-performance ratio and offers customers a costs-efficient network technology upgrade without being forced to move to a higher featured but higher priced Gigabit solution
- Alcatel-Lucent Operating System (AOS): the OmniSwitch 6250 family runs the same Alcatel-Lucent Operating System (AOS) as the other OmniSwitch products. Existing AOS customers/users are immediately familiar with the product from day one, reducing their ownership and training costs
- Metro environments: OmniSwitch 6250-M models are purpose built with specific Metro software features (Ethernet Services – SVLANCVLAN, Ethernet OAM – IEEE 802.1ag/IEEE 802.3ah, Private VLAN, IP Multicast VLAN) and additional gigabit uplinkstacking ports for dual homed or ring based Ethernet Access deployments
- Enterprise environments: the OmniSwitch 6250 is ideal for the edge of small to mid-sized enterprise campuses and branch offices where its form-factor, rich features, easy management and flexibility make it a great edge solution for converged networks